Monday 14 April 2014

Paper Towns by John Green │ Review ♥

Hello everyone! 

So how's your monday treating you? Hopefully very well. I know that Monday's can seem like such a struggle so hopefully you'll be all chilled out on the sofa. So as promised and highly requested I am finally doing a review on Paper Towns by John Green. However I'm giving no spoilers whatsoever so if you haven't read it don't worry I'm not going to spoil it for you! Basically when I say I'm 'reviewing it' I am basically going to tell you what I did and what impact it had on me. I had previously read The Fault In Our Stars by John Green and that took me at least 2 months to get over and it was so good but so emotional. If you haven't read it you really should. So as you can see John Green had a real impact on me therefore I thought I would start to read his other books so my friend got me it for christmas.

So here it is! Paper Towns by John Green the front cover of this book really intrigued me as I wanted to find out what it was about. I find with a book the first thing that attracts me is how it looks and then the title, I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover but sometimes we do. 

So all I will say is; the front cover and the actual book content was very different to what I expected and basically it has some similarities to what I thought it would be e.g. Travelling.
It took me 10 hours to read this book. I just couldn't put it down. Before I start reading a book I always read the blurb as I feel this can really grip you but not give too much away. So the blurb says "Who is the real Margo?" which automatically alarmed me and I was intrigued by the name and who this character was. Was Margo a boy or girl ? What did it mean by "real"? So even by that one rhetorical question I was so gripped.

Then the blurb continued:

"Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life–dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge–he follows.""After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues–and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew."

So then when I read on I found out that there was another character who was called Quentin Jacobsen (who I think is awesome, I know people say you can't fall in love with a fictional character but I do all the time - Take Finnick Odair for example). I then found out Margo's full name which I thought was very cool. Basically I loved how everything was such a mystery.

I would recommend this book to anyone! As a result of this I bought the whole John Green Collection for £24. I'm currently reading Looking For Alaska which everyone seems to be 'raving' about but somehow it's taking me ages to get into it. There will be a review of Looking For Alaska when I have finished it. 

Rating out of 10: 10/10.

Have you read this book? What did you think? Any book recommendations? 

Thanks for reading and I hope this was helpful!


No comments :

Post a Comment