Friday 19 September 2014

Make up; Base.


I thought it would be good to share with you all my thoughts on the products I do use.

Now for me the base is the start of the make up, for me make up is like baking a cake. You follow the steps to have a great outcome. So to start my make up, this is the base make up that I use...

Nivea essentials Primer



This is actually a new discovery for me. I never used to use primers on my face because I never thought I needed one. Yes I have oily to combination skin and maybe I should have invested in one sooner. In the blogosphere I have recently seen primer after primer. So although people had said they enjoyed the Maybelline baby skin - no way was I going to buy that after the disappointment of the Maybelline Baby Lips. I also don't give into the hype very often so I wanted to find something that I knew I liked.

So I have recently been loving Nivea products and well I thought I'd add this primer to my collection. It was actually on offer and I got it for £2.98 - so I was pretty happy. You will see most Nivea products that I have appear during this series because that's how freaking much I love them.

This Primer is absolutely brilliant, my make up stays on all day. It controls my excess oil and means I don't get shiny through the day. It makes me look healthy and my foundation/tinted moisturiser or CC cream goes on so much better. It dries within 30 seconds and wow I just love it.


Nivea Tinted Moisturiser



Yet another Nivea product. I also got this on offer and it was like £1.83 or something like that. I love this product to go on top of my primer because this formula is very creamy and blends really well into the skin. On good skin days I can get away with wearing this and of course if I'm being lazy and just want something to give me a healthy glow. It really moisturises my skin and makes me look healthy. It isn't orange and is light coverage but for me, it is all I need.

On a side note to this: could anyone recommend me a foundation? I have the Rimmel 26 Hour Foundation but it is far too orange.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer




This must be a shock for all you reading, aha maybe not. Obviously you don't need me to tell you how great this concealer is because you've probably already got it but yes it is a great product. It is great for brightening the eyes. I wouldn't say it covers blemishes that well but for £4.19 it's not too bad.


Beauty UK Face Powder.



This is one of my essentials in my travel make up bag and pretty much anywhere I go. It gets rid of all the shine because nobody likes a shiny oily face and it's just a great product.

How I look just with a base:



So that is everything I use for the base of my face. If you have any recommendations please write a comment and let me know them!


What do you use for your base make up?




No comments :

Post a Comment