Tuesday 14 October 2014

Rehearsals, Rehearsals, Rehearsals.


As you can see by the title and this photo again, I am talking about my perform that is happening in 8 days which is really scary. I have learnt my lines, can I get a whoop whoop? It is really crunch time for all of us that are rehearsing but as a team we will get through it. I'm really under the weather at the moment and I went for a blood test last week. I'm just trying to power through everything.

I just can't wait to be able to focus on my studies properly and not have something else to worry about. Since July I have worried about this and so it will be a big weight off my shoulders.

I've done productions and shows all my life really. I started off at 3 years old dancing, doing ballet until I was 5 when I quit. I got fed up of not being able to excel and so that was the end of that. Then In Reception I played the main part in the christmas production and I was Mary - I was so happy. My Nana and Auntie came to see me and they told me I was screaming the lyrics to "Away In A Manger" at the top of my lungs, I was holding the plastic baby upside down and I was banging it's head against the cot - Classy! I then took part in all the school productions that I had to and I really enjoyed them. One of my favourites was when we did High School Musical and I was Mrs Darbus.



I then took part in the school choir for one year. I didn't really enjoy it and all I really remember was singing Shine  and Rule The World by Take That.

When I went to High School I started Amateur Dramatics outside of school and did Oliver, A music mashup kind of show and Fiddler on the Roof. I enjoyed doing this. I sadly left because I wasn't interested anymore.

In Year 8 I started participating in the school shows and I have done Bugsy Malone and Hairspray. In Year 9 I started doing Shakespeare too.

I also took GCSE Drama last year and got a C overall but I just don't feel like Drama is the right thing for me in my career route.

Have any of you been in a performance? How did you handle it? Have you any handy tips?


No comments :

Post a Comment